This came to me this morning during meditation. The storm is on its way, and people I care about are in the hurricane’s direct path. I’m posting this for the sake of anyone you know who may be in the direct path too.
Property damage is inevitable at this point, I wish it weren’t. The best objective is to save people and animals.
1. Say the Glorious Mysteries.
2. At the middle of each Hail Mary, add this after the name of Jesus:
“fruit of thy womb, Jesus … who protected the people of Florida from the hurricane.”
3. If you say your Rosary in Latin, the wording is:
“Jesus … qui protéxit pópulum Floridiánum ab hurricáno.”
This is based on a method St. Loius de Montfort described in “The Secret of the Rosary,” and 19th century catechisms describe as the then-current method for praying the Rosary amongst Catholics in Germany.
4. While you pray, visualize the state as being inside a golden bubble while the storm passes over it. No matter what else happens in your mind, strongly visualize the people as safe and sound.
5. When you’ve finished all five Glorious Mysteries, say the “Hail Holy Queen” and the usual “O God, whose only-begotten Son” prayer.
6. Finish the Rosary by saying the Collect against Storms from the pre-Vatican II Roman Missal:
“O Lord, drive away the spirit of evil from your household, and let the fury of the storm pass. Through Jesus Christ, your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen.”
In Latin, this Collect is:
“A domo tua, quáesumus, Dómine, spiritáles repellántur: et aêreárum discédat malígnitas tempestátum. Per Dóminum, etc.”